Internet, finally! We’re in San Jose this weekend for the
pioneer meeting and the circuit assembly. After a bumpy 5-hour ride in Bill
Henderson’s jeep/truck/tractor/Jezebel, we were able to attend the pioneer
meeting today which was wonderfully encouraging and upbuilding. The circuit includes Costa Rica and Panama, and it was announced that 11 new congregations were formed in this circuit in the past year! Granted, most are around 12-15 publishers, but it’s still
exciting growth.
Much has happened in this past week… I think the easiest way
to keep stories fairly chronological will be to just have the anecdotes
accompany the pictures.
Flowers pictures for Mom... these are the bushes around our cabina.
Pretty plants.
Hibiscus along the beach access road.
Hibiscus everywhere.
The Kingdom Hall!
The girls! From left: Me (The Cook) Angie (The Mom) Eva (The Beauty Consultant) and Charde (The Drama Queen/Grandma.) All alternate names courtesy of Angie except her own.
Crossing the river to get to Sámara. That's Sammy, by the way. Chad and Shandi Luellen's car.
Service among the vacation rentals. Angie, Charde, Chad and Shandi.
The beach!
It looks like this, and there's a need. What more can you ask for?
We got cosechas for break #1... fresh smoothies. Luellens and Lura Rodriguez.
Lura! So happy, so cute. She took me on a study of Lindsay's that she's conducting until the she gets back to CR, a friendly, sincere girl named Stephanie that has really great questions and who's showing a real interest in the Bible. She's a Tica but speaks great English and reads Jane Austen and follows Lady Gaga on Twitter. She also paints beautifully. Hopefully I'll get to see her again before I leave. She thinks deeply and feels guilty sometimes about enjoying entertainment more than studying about God... it made me think about whether or not I think about things like that.
Gas station. I used to wear a uniform a lot like that little girl's.
Driving to Nicoya for service and the pre-group Bible study on Tuesday.
Preaching to English-speakers in Nicoya. Charde and Angie.
Canvassing work in Nicoya.
We found this guy in the park. He was so huge that even the locals were excited and taking pictures.
He gots swagger.
Fresh, ice-cold coconuts from the coconut vendor.
So much better than a coffee break. Chad, Jill Huffman (Lindsay Taitano's mom), and Lura.
Building in Nicoya.
Historical building in Nicoya. Wish I'd gotten a better picture.
We all stopped for beer and soup on the way home after the pre-group Bible study. For about $2.25, you get a small bowl of soup and an ice-cold bottle of beer. Tait, Keysha, Mike and Lura.
So great to see your updates! Keep it up, we're reading and excited :)
ReplyDeleteI want to preach where I feel like I'm on some tropical adventure!!
ReplyDelete