The monkeys dropped this. Almond fruit from the almond trees on the beach.
We went preaching in Guiones...touristy surf town.
Guiones sights. Rasta is very much existent down here.
Lura and I got ceviche (fish salsa/soup) for break. She says Costa Rican ceviche is the best and I believe it.
We talked to a lady by the Burnt Toast Surfcamp. She was very nice and was trying to get her Swiss neighbor to come get his escaped horses. She was a humanist and said that most Americans down in CR aren't religious, but they do have some sort of spiritual consciousness.
We met a Spanish Bible study who was going down to the beach, so we asked if he wanted a ride. He jumped on and hung on as we rattled down the bumpy dirt road to the beach, chatting with Lura all the while.
One of the less glamorous butterflies I've seen. I saw some of the beautiful cobalt ones out in the jungle, but they were too fast and far for my camera.
Playa Buena Vista at sunset. It's an eastward-facing beach.
I walked around the point in search of a sunset view...
And found it!
But I didn't have a flashlight with me for the walk back so I didn't stay for the whole sunset. Next time!
You should put that pic of the bird on Flickr. You might get an explore!!
ReplyDeleteAww thanks, you think so?! I should put some on there.
Delete