Friday, November 30, 2012

Gone Crocodile Hunting

Before Charde left, she wanted to experience feeding the crocodiles. We got a whole chicken and some twine, and went down to Playa Carrillo.

Sam (a.k.a. Steve Irwin), Laura, Kevin, Bryan, Charde

Eva overcame her fear and tried it out.

The baby. They get a whole lot bigger.

The level of fascination is directly proportionate to how far their butts are sticking out. Crocs are old news to Kevin.

The roomies!

The girls!

Errybody.

Blasting Gangnam Style on the way back.

Brander, the Cooks' puppy.

"I like poopies..."

Lauren and Thomas from Ohio who are here for three months with their parents and friends.

Jacqueline and I, the last day that Charde got to study with her. Laura and I will be continuing her study from now on.

Piggy! "Aww, somebody's gonna be eating those ears someday" -Keysha

One of the crocs we fed the other night. He's probably still digesting all that chicken.

6 comments:

  1. You're living the good life. Feeding crocodiles is WAY cooler entertainment than shopping, surfing the web, or watching television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you tell that it was the croc u fed?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause he was wearing the leftover KFC bucket as a hat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, he looks like he doesn't want to move... KFC will do that to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Steve Irwin's legacy lives on! So was this jungle version of 'trolls under the bridge'? Feed the crocs and hope they allow you safe passage across?
    You're obviously being blessed in so many ways: a rewarding ministry, great friends, and many entertaining stories for years to come.... "Well, I remember this one time, when I was croc hunting in Costa Rica..."
    BTW, is Brander a Blue Brindle? He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are spot on with 'crocs under the bridge.' Tales have it that other chicken-less travelers were not as fortunate as we...but then again, we had an Australian Steve Irwin fan with us for cred.

      And yes, I think that might be what Brander is. He's a cute lil' bugger.

      Delete