After two lovely weeks spent seeing lovely people, I'm back in Costa Rica until my next trip home in July. Door to door, it took about 30 hours to get here, but a couple mornings sleeping in and a day at the beach have set me back on track. On Saturday we all went to Playa San Juanillo after service where Lura and I went snorkeling. The water was kind of murky that day, but we saw lots of tiny bright blue fish, some yellow and black striped fish, yellow and blue fish, orange and blue fish, parrotfish with blue beaks, and Tad from Finding Nemo (Google says it's a yellow longnose butterflyfish.) Some of the brothers went spearfishing and had a pretty good catch, so we made ceviche on the beach and then looked at the stars. Unfortunately I'd forgotten my camera, but I took a few on Sam's so once I get them from him I'll post them.
A few Washington pictures... Allyson got baptized, which I'm really glad I got to go see.
And I got to see these girls...
And these guys...
....and this guy.
Yep, he's the best.
Shortly before landing in San Jose.
Got a taxi from the airport to the bus station... the caption on the picture says "Jesus sees us," and apparently he cries stellar tears as well.
Arrived at the bus station at 1:30, stood in line for half an hour to find out that the 3:00pm bus to Nicoya (where I would have gotten on another bus to Sámara) was full and that I'd have to wait for the 5:15pm bus to Sámara. I'd only had a few hours of sleep here and there on the plane, but I got to read the entire yearbook while I was waiting. It wasn't that bad; I had a bench, water, snacks, the yearbook, and plenty of people to watch. Much less boring than the 5+ hour bus ride that came afterward.
This was the toilet paper lady. It cost 100 colones (about 20 cents) to get some toilet paper before going into the bathrooms behind her. Women on the left, men on the right, brings new depth to everybody knowing everybody's business.
After the meeting Sunday at the Kingdom Hall.
Bryan and Ben. Bryan was visiting English that day.
Paulina and Laura. Laura was very excited to wear her new dress that Keisha sent down for her.
Good old Bill, supervising as always.
Sandy often lays by the door waiting for Lura or anyone else who will come out and pet her.
We often see the dogs making their rounds outside during the meeting.
There were a lot of visitors that day.
The view from the Hall. Bill's truck, the Chinchillas' Spanish assembly van, and the cow pastures beyond.
Laura and Bryan in their new clothes. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
Here Comes the Sun is a song by George Harrison
Awwww awesome :) I miss it all!
ReplyDelete:'3 <3
ReplyDelete