Horses wander around freely near town.
Megan writing down the electric meter number to make note of not-at-homes.
Found this guy on my porch when I came home the other night. Those are ticks stuck to his underside. Ewww.
When I came inside, this praying mantis had its head screwed all the way back to stare at me. I took him outside to go make friends with (or be dinner for) the toad.
On Saturday, we all went out to another rural part of our territory, Zaragoza, for the campaign work. This was my seat for the first part of the trip until we met up with another car at la bomba.
Three cars went car-over-car from cluster to cluster of houses, and we got out and walked to the lone houses set back in the hills. We met some very nice people and left magazines with most of them because Zaragoza is only worked about once a year. One elderly lady said Esterones was too far to come for the Memorial and that she didn't have a car, so Megan jokingly suggested she could ride one of her cows and I said all her neighbors were invited too so maybe they could carpool. She laughed, but at least we made an impression.
Lunch in the town center. We were surprised to find that Zaragoza has free wifi, courtesy of the government. In a country without a military, sometimes there are funny perks to being poor. From left: David and Monica Chinchilla (who have since moved to a congregation an hour from Nicoya with 12 publishers), Johan Venegas (he and his dad just got baptized together), Karen Zuñiga, Chris Cook
Joshua Rangel, Lou Galgano, Bryan Medrano, Jamie Detwiler. Everyone brought an assortment of vegetables, fruit, chips, beans-in-a-bag, cookies, salad.... between all of us, everyone had enough to eat.
The dirt is red up in the hills.
The landlord harvested his coconuts the other day.
He hacked one open for me, the coconut water was perfectly sweet and the meat thick and tender. His wife gave me a sweet corn tortilla, and it was an excellent lunch.
Following Sarah's Bible students home from the meeting Sunday. We studied with the two kids, Cindy and Ivan. I don't know how Cindy manages to text while sitting in the back of a truck on a bumpy road.
Laurita and I explored some hills nearby. The land belongs to a sister, and I guess the local cowboy rents the land for his cows.
The road to the right goes to Playa Buena Vista, the road intersecting it goes toward my house, the Kingdom Hall, beyond that the river and Sámara.
We climbed this tree. I got bruised, I suspect she did not.
It takes her forever to get down, though.
She had ideas for a photoshoot, so we played around with our cameras a little bit.
On the road to Barrigona yesterday. I walked since everyone with cars was already there for a cookout.
Dust is the omnipresent enemy during the dry season, but it makes for cool pictures.
The "How Many Gringos Can You Fit on a Quad?" game... actually just Chad taking some people home.
Us is a song by Regina Spektor
Miss you, and nice hair cut ;)
ReplyDelete